When you choose your screen recording and capture software, you should look for some characteristics that make it the best tool for your needs. Think carefully if you need software that’s easy to use or a more complex tool for editing your videos.
Most of the times, a tool that’s easy to use and gets the job done will do.
Let’s see what to look for in choosing the screen recording and screen capture software:
- Ease of use: the software has to present a user-friendly and intuitive interface. The basic options will be enough for recording your screen and making a video you’ll share with the world. There’s no need to have a cluttered interface, with lots of features you’ll never use.
- The basic features should provide a complete set of options for screen recording: capturing the entire screen, capturing a window, capturing a section of a window and video capture. You might also look for scrolling capture and timer controlled capture, if you want to create advanced presentations and record movements onto the screen into every detail.
- Video editing options: keep it simple, and don’t look for a screen recorder with lots of editing options. After all, you basically want to record the screen for your videos and explanations, and not create top-notch videos. A lot of editing features will only complicate the use of the software. However, keep in mind it’s recommended you choose software that has options for annotations, adding text and shapes and highlighting some parts of the video. This sometimes turns useful for better video tutorials and explanations.
- Saving and exporting videos: it’s important to choose a tool that allows you to save your videos in any format and share it on platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo. The exporting process is complicated with some tools on the market, that’s why you have to pay attention your selected tool makes the process simple and quick.
- Online storage: in the selection of your screen recorder, you’re recommended to look for a tool that provides online storage with access to your capture history. You’ll want to access the videos at a later time, so this feature should be considered when choosing the best screen recording and capture software. An upgraded plan provides you with large amounts of space for online storage.
These five aspects contain the basic principles you should take into account for a good choice. Screen recording should be easy and integrate smoothly into your work, so make sure your tool provides exactly that: ease of use and the needed features that make your videos simple to create, simpler to edit and sharable in no time.
We hope you’ll get the best screen recorder and capture software, and you’ll create a series of videos that users will much appreciate. Both ease of use and utility for users have to be the major points you should consider. Please let us know which tool has been the winner for you and how you experience video recording.