Icecream Screen Recorder is designed to help you record screen in an easy, simple way. It’s a tool with multiple options, complex enough to fit your needs, no matter what you record screen for.
Requirements for using Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream provides a screen recorder software for free, and it’s compatible with Windows, Mac and Android.
Before downloading the tool, pay attention to the system requirements:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista
- MAC: OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X Yosemite
- Android: 9.0, 8.1, 8.0, 7.1, 7.0, 6.0, 5.1
Moreover, it’s useful to know that to use Icecream Screen Recorder, you need 2.66Ghz Intel®, AMD or any other compatible processor / faster processor for netbooks, 1GB of RAM (4GB for better performance); 150MB to 5GB of free disk space.
Different Uses of Icecream Screen Recorder
Due to its multiple features, this tool is a good option in the following cases (and not limited to them):
- Video tutorials – in case you want to share your knowledge with the world, Icecream Screen Recorder helps you create video tutorials that others will find highly useful and more than welcome to perfecting their tasks
- Webinars – in your niche, you might want to present a series of webinars; nothing simpler, due to Icecream Screen Recorder, who records both your screen and audio presentation
- Live streams – this tool is useful for live transmissions
- Record games – Icecream Screen Recorder is easy to use and more that welcome for recording games
- Record apps
- Record Skype calls – a professional use of this tool refers to recording Skype calls you might need later to complete your tasks.
As you can see, Icecream Screen Recorder was designed with multiple audiences in mind. Hence the recommendation to download this software goes to everyone wanting to record screen for their particular purposes. For free.
What do multiple features mean for Icecream Screen Recorder?
- Select area – you might want to record your full screen or else, you might want to select a specific area of your screen and make it part of the video. This tool allows for selecting an area for screen recording, unless you use the default recording of the entire screen
- Record audio – in case of video tutorials or webinars, you’ll want to add audio explanations to your screen recording, for the clip to be complete. Icecream Screen Recorder has such a feature for recording audio, your voice walking users through the steps they view in the clip
- Record webcam – besides video and audio, this tool allows for recording webcam. It’s especially useful in case of online meetings with clients, that you want to register for further use in completing your tasks
- Set video quality – After the recording has been finished, you have to set the quality of the video you’ll share with the world. Depending on the use of the video, you might need a high quality video that people will appreciate and determine them to subscribe to your channel
- Annotate – you can make comments and attach them to your presentation, by adding text, arrows, and shapes to your screen recording
- record games
- Add your logo – for branding reasons, you might want to add your logo to the clip, so it bears the imprint of your company. Thus, the video will be recognized as yours and people can start following you for more videos to come
- Zoom in – this is an advanced feature that makes your videos look more professional
- Share the video with the world – besides the default file format, you can use a different format for sharing. After you’ve finished the clip, you can switch to a different file format, any time.
- Trim recordings – to adjust the quality of your video, you have the option cu cut unnecessary parts in the beginning or at the end of the video, and keep only what’s necessary for your video.
IceCream Screen Recorder Price & Discounts
We hope you have a better idea of what you can do with Icecream Screen Recorder and give it a try if you’re in need of a basic screen recording software.
The free trial comes with a 5 minutes recording limit and the software developer’s watermark. However, for $29.95 you can upgrade to the PRO version of the app and remove all the limitations.