Screencast-o-matic comes in handy for screen recording, no matter what’s the purpose of your video. It was designed with ease of use in mind, so anyone can make a powerful presentation.
The screen recorder is part of a package that includes Screen Recorder, Video Editor & Video Hosting, plus Secure Backup.
Let’s focus on the Screen Recorder for now…
What does Screencast-o-matic do?
This tool is ideal for beginners and experts alike, as it covers a full range of features one needs for a video presentation:
- It records screen and registers every click and move on your device
- It allows for video editing and helps you eliminate visual errors from your clip
- It can be easily shared, so anyone can view your video presentation
- You can launch screen recording for the visual presentation, and register all clicks onto your device
- You can add audio to the presentation, as you may want to add explanations of what you’re doing onto the screen. Just use a microphone and your voice will be recorded, as well
- You can use a camera and record yourself making the presentation, which gives a human touch to the presentation
When launched, Screencats-o-matic will show a window like the one above, and it will record activity within the black and white frame. As you can see, there are a few options limited to only what’s necessary for your video:
- Screen – it records screen activity
- Webcam – it records webcam for later visualization
- Both – it records both screen activity and webcam, for advanced video tutorials
- Max time – you can set how long the tool will record
- Size – you can set the dimensions of the video
- Narration – it adds audio to the visual presentation
- Computer audio – it adds audio from your computer
After having finished the recording, you’ll get the following message:
Steps to follow after having recorded device screen:
- You need to save the video, for future editing and sharing
- It’s recommended that you choose to edit video (the options provided by Screencast-o-matic will help you tweak and refine the presentation, for a professional look)
- After you have done all needed modifications, you can quickly share your video and launch it to the world.
Please note that Screencast-o-matic has a user-friendly interface. It’s a highly intuitive tool with only needed features for an optimal presentation, nothing complex.
Who is Screencaqst-o-matic intended to?
The tool was designed with the following uses in mind:
- Video presentations in schools
Video enhances the learning experience, as teachers can record lectures that students might watch later. Also, it helps a lot by exact visual/audio explanations that help students understand and learn fast.
- Video presentations for companies
Videos are good for presentation within companies. They can pass from one department to another, be used in meetings and connect team members at different geographic locations.
- Video presentations for developers
Screen recording helps a lot in spotting errors and solving issues. Screencast-O-Matic provides an E2E screen recording solution for developers.
These are 3 segments that Screencast-o-matic targets. But you can use the tool for different purposes, as well.
It has no learning curve, and it’s easy to use. You can create the videos you and others so much need.
Screencast-o-matic has basic features for screen recording, webcam and audio recording. It doesn’t make screen recording a complicated process, as it strictly provides what’s needed for a complete video. To basic recording, it adds video editing options and sharing options that make the experience not only pleasant, but also highly useful.
Screencast-o-matic price and promos
The software offers two different options in terms of pricing – De Luxe and Premier – with annual billing.
Although the fairly cheap price is a strength of Screencast-o-matic, if you’re looking for a more professional screen capture tool we advise you to take a close lookt at Snagit or to the more sophisticated Camtasia.