Camtasia is the main product of Techsmith. It’s the leading software for screen recording and video editing, renowned as the best on the market.
So, if you’re serious about making video lessons and instructional videos, get Camtasia!
The software is easy to use by experts, but also easy to learn and get used to by novices. Techsmith provides plenty of explanatory materials, how-to’s, demos and documentations to make teachers’ life easier.
Components of the Software
Camtasia is formed of two sections:
- Screen capturing (screenshots & videos)
- Studio editor (with plenty of options for video editing).
The software owes its name mostly to the video editing features, which take video making to a high level of professionalism.
It’s exactly about professionalism that we speak when we bring up video lessons, lectures and instructional videos addressed to students.
The screen capturing is only half of the process, editing videos being all the more important to get the lessons understood and learned in a simple way.
Within the studio editor, teachers and lecturers can make adjustments as needed, to ensure their online classes are interactive, clear and entertaining.
Screen & audio recording for Universities
Before starting the screen recording process, you need to adjust the settings of the software to match your objectives. Due to the wide variety of options in Camtasia, you need to configure them correctly, depending on your requirements. Also, you have the possibility to gather frequently used options within your own file and save them for use later on. Thus, you have the exact bundle of features you need for all videos in one place, right at hand.
Camtasia 2020 has the following options:
- by default, it captures the whole screen. So, one option is to capture the whole screen of your device. You should make sure you don’t have any confidential materials, unwanted icons and programs open or present onto the screen, before starting to record it.
- the software allows for capturing only a part of the screen. You can set the dimensions of the window to record, where you can include a program, a site page or a computer window, a notepad, etc.
- for better explanations, you can record audio and attach it to the screen captures. You can record your microphone, the system audio or the webcam.
- even, for clearer demonstrations and more eloquent lessons, you can also record the webcam. Thus, the activity on the screen is accompanied by your image recorded as you give verbal explanations on what you’re doing.
Once you’ve defined what you need to record, you can press the REC button at the top upper left corner of the screen, and start recording. After a 3-seconds countdown, Camtasia starts recording your screen.
When you’re done, press the STOP button.
Even if you’re not an academic you can still take advantage of a 10% OFF Camtasia coupon code
Expires On: 15-10-2020
Editing videos with Camtasia 2020 – What’s new for teachers
A great variety of features to edit videos and make them professional:
- the main part where the video editing takes place is the canvas. You can make all your editing there, and if you’re not content with the results, you can go back to the initial video file in the media bin and start re-editing it from the very beginning.
- The newness of 2020 consists of template videos. Teachers and professors can choose templates and make minor changes to them, which saves them time and effort. Also, this option ensures consistency all throughout the video lessons within a course.
- Free-stock videos, animations and audio clips can complete presentations in video lessons.
- Adding quizzes and question forms is another great addition to the latest software version. Quizzes add interactivity, and allow teachers to encourage and measure learning.
- Adding callouts, text, titles, making annotations are must-haves for software dedicated to universities and schools. Video lessons are much clearer and easier to learn when they have comments and visual explanations attached to the images.
- Zoom in and zoom out belong to Camtasia’s most precious editing features. They make it possible to emphasize a certain part of the screen/text/window, and focus students’ attention to what’s important to keep in mind.
- Trimming videos – almost always, there’s a small portion at the beginning and at the end of a video, which has to be cut out. Camtasia makes it simple to cut out unwanted parts of the video.
After you’ve finished your screen recording and edited it, you have it ready to save and share.
The main options are to save it as a TREC or an AVI file. However, Camtasia has many additional formats to which you can save and share your file.
Once saved, the file is ready to share with your students. It can be stored in cloud, in Screencast, or published on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Before purchasing Camtasia, you should know it’s pretty resource-consuming. Users should have high-performing devices to run Camtasia and avoid freezing videos.
However, if you really want solid equipment for the new generation of students, you should get Camtasia and make full use of it! Camtasia is worth every penny: not only the leading software for screen recording, but also a god help for teachers and professors who want to make professional video lessons. With Camtasia, you improve visual learning and keep the pace with today’s students. Don’t hesitate, or it will cost you time and money. Time and money you can use to learn the best screen recorder’s ins and outs, and make the most of it!
A few words about Techsmith:
It’s the leading provider of screen capturing and video editing. Its 2 main products are Camtasia and Snagit. Camtasia is intended for professionals who need high-quality videos, while Snagit is for occasional users who need to record their screen at times. Their products are rather on the pricey side, which also reflects in high quality – high-video resolution, high number of frames per second and smooth videos, accuracy and clarity of the final videos. Also, Camtasia, as well as Snagit, are equipped with all features their targeted users might need, which results in a pretty high learning curve.
So, the sooner you get Techsmith Camtasia for your professional use, the sooner you’ll become an expert in handling it.