Employing video for educational or marketing purposes is on the rise especially during these turbulent times when the work from home has become a fact for so many. Though video editing is something reserved to the professionals or at least to the enthusiast with tech skills, making a screencast is definitely an easier task even for those with no experience at all in screen recording for their online classes or tutorials.
Essential Functionalities of a Screen Recorder
- User-friendly interface
- Automatic upload to private account
- Automatic shareable link copied to clipboard
- High-quality video and audio
- No time limit
- No watermark
- Saves in MP4 for universal viewing
- Simple editing options
- Open source (for those who are more advanced)
- Operating system support (MacOS / Windows / Linux )
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best screencast software out there?
Depending on your necessities and purpose of your recordings you might want to consider:
- A free or fairly cheap screen recorder to get the job done that you’ll use every once in a while –> Movavi Screen Recorder
- A screen capture tool you need for creating short explanatory videos, especially if you use to demo a platform or a product. –> Snagit by TechSmith
- A screen recorder with live streaming capabilities for your gaming activities –> Action! by Mirillis
- A pro screen recorder with robust video editing capabilities that you will be using on the long term –> Camtasia by TechSmith
What is the best open-source screen recorder for Windows / MacOS?
If you are looking for a supported open-source screen recorder, it must have a has vast features, concerning video quality, audio modifications, colour correction etc. Our pick that covers mostly everything is OBS Studio.
What software programs should I use for professional screen recording?
Different screen recorders have specific features but when it comes to profession screencasts, tutorials, explanatory videos or online courses we recommend Camtasia 2020,
Here’s a Top 5 of powerful and reliable screen recording software that we tested and analysed for you.